Pope Francis Visits Washington D.C.
- Tuesday, September 22, 2015
- 4pm: Pope Francis arrives in D.C. at Joint Base Andrews at 4 p.m.
- Wednesday, September 23, 2015
- 9:15 a.m: White House Welcoming Ceremony and personal meeting with President Barack Obama
- 11:00 a.m. Papal Parade along the Ellipse and the National Mall
- 11:30 a.m: Midday Prayer with U.S. bishops at Saint Matthew’s Cathedral in D.C.
- 4:15 p.m: Junipero Serra Canonization Mass at the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception
- Thursday, September 24, 2015
- 9:20 a.m: Arrival at Capitol
- 10 a.m. Speech to the Senate and House of Representatives (Joint Session of Congress)
- 11 a.m. Brief appearance on West Front of Capitol
- 11:15 a.m: Visit to St. Patrick’s Catholic Church in D.C. and Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Washington
- 4 p.m: Departure for New York from Joint Base Andrews (D.C.)
- 5 p.m. Arrival at John F. Kennedy International Airport (New York)
- 6:45 p.m. Evening prayer at St. Patrick’s Cathedral (New York)
Pope Francis Visits New York
- Friday, September 25, 2015
- 8:30 a.m United Nations General-Assembly
- 11:30 a.m Multi-religious service at 9/11 Memorial and Museum, World Trade Center
- 4 p.m. Visit to Our Lady Queen of Angels School in East Harlem
- 5 p.m. Papal motorcade through Central Park
- 6 p.m. Madison Square Garden Mass
Pope Francis Visits Philadelphia
- Saturday, September 26, 2015
- 8:40 a.m Departure for Philadelphia from John F. Kennedy International Airport
- 9:30 a.m Arrival in Atlantic Aviation hangar at Philadelphia International Airport Philadelphia
- 10:30 a.m Mass at Cathedral Basilica of Sts. Peter and Paul
- 4:45 p.m Visit to Independence Mall
- 7:30 p.m Visit to Festival of Families at Benjamin Franklin Parkway and Prayer Vigil with World Meeting of Families
- Sunday, September 27, 2015
- 9:15 a.m Papal meeting with Bishops at St. Martin’s Chapel, St. Charles Borromeo Seminary
- 11 a.m Visit to Curran-Fromhold Correctional Facility
- 4 p.m Papal Mass for World Meeting of Families
- 7 p.m. Visit with organizers, volunteers and benefactors of the World Meeting of Families at Atlantic Aviation
- 8 p.m Departure for return to Rome
During the historic visit of Pope Francis to the United States, the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops will live-stream over six days of free online video coverage of papal events. Special guests will be providing commentary and explanations of several events as they happen in Washington, New York City, and Philadelphia.
All events will be live streamed in English with audio commentary from the USCCB website here:
All events will also be available for video on demand here (events will be available shortly after their conclusion):
Mobile (smartphone or tablet):
You can watch all live-streaming and video on demand as well as up to the minute news and photos from the USA Catholic Church app available for iOS and Android. You can download the app for free by visiting www.USACatholic.Church on your smartphone or tablet.