Diocesan Liturgy for Families with Special Needs
Presider: Reverend Denzil Vithanage
Saturday: August 4 @ 10:00 AM
Our Lady of Victory Church, 3300 Clarksville St. Paris Texas
- All families with children or adults with special needs are welcome.
- Modified liturgy will be celebrated to accommodate these needs
- All parishes are asked to send a representative so they can see how to model this liturgy in their parish.
- Special dispensation from your Sunday obligation for this weekend will be granted to those who attend.
- Please RSVP to Our Lady of Victory Parish by July 29 to provide for luncheon. 903-784-1000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- January 27 is the feast day of St. Angela Merici. She has been designated patroness of those with special needs for the Diocese of Tyler. Please include intercessory prayers on that day for these families.
We worship a ‘disabled God.’ The twisted, distorted, disfigured image of Jesus on the cross shows how God allowed himself to become disabled and at the same time completely accessible to human beings in need of healing. We can see the disabled child or adult in God’s likeness. “All persons with disabilities have the capacity to its truth within the community of faith and offer valuable gifts. Their participation enriches every aspect of Church life. They are not just recipients of catechesis- they are its agents.” National Catechetical Directory, 49.