Dear Priests, Parishioners, and Friends,
With deep gratitude, I am honored to share that our bishop has scheduled a second collection for Catholic Charities-Diocese of Tyler this November 21-22, 2020.
Did You Know?
- Catholic Charities distributed over $100,000 to parishes for COVID-19 relief efforts.
- Catholic Charities distributed 7,000 cloth masks to parishes and hospitals in our diocese.
- Catholic Charities provides a nurse hotline to all within the diocese. 903-258-9492 x108.
- Catholic Charities employs 16 registered nurses working in parishes, catholic schools, outreach centers and for the priests of the diocese, all at no cost to parish or patient.
- Catholic Charities Infant Safety Project distributes free cribettes and car seats.
- Catholic Charities Immigration Department provides free consultations and can meet in person, video conference or over the phone to process legal services. The 60+ services offered include adjustment of status, citizenship, DACA renewal, self- petitions and more. 903-258-9492 x107
- Catholic Charities processes visas for international priests and religious sisters working within the diocese.
- Catholic Charities distributed $99,905 to families affected by tornadoes in 2019.
- Catholic Charities assisted 56 evacuees from Hurricane Laura with food and gift cards for hotel and gasoline.
- Catholic Charities sponsors a GED class for those trying to obtain their high school diploma.
- Catholic Charities serves ALL people within the 33 counties of the Diocese of Tyler.
- Catholic Charities’ works of mercy are funded through the generosity of the Bishop’s Annual Appeal, foundation grants and individual donations.
With a grateful heart, I pray that you will support the second collection on November 21-22 to continue these works of mercy.
Kathy Shieldes Harry