Since the foundation of the Diocese of Tyler, the Catholic Church has been a leading pro-life voice in East Texas. The bishops, clergy, religious and lay faithful of the Diocese of Tyler have been outstanding promoters of respect for human life from conception to natural death. Even though East Texas is one of the most pro-life areas in the nation, an increasingly secularized worldview and “throw-away culture” threaten to diminish respect for human life at all its stages. The goals and objectives of the Sanctity of Life Office are the following:
Teach effectively the principles of the Gospel of Life
- Teaching events in conjunction with the St. Philip Institute of Catechesis and Evangelization.
- Network Catholic healthcare professionals.
- Provide faith formation programming for parishes of the diocese.
Keep abortions out of East Texas
- Promotion of Gabriel Project for assistance to women in crisis pregnancie.s
- Mobilizing sidewalk counseling and prayerful witnesses near abortion-referring agencies.
- Collaboration with Evangelical Pro-Life groups that provide assistance but do not prescribe contraception.
Ensure that vulnerable people are protected against euthanasia
- Promote clear guidelines for Catholic medical directives.
- Direction for Catholics to have these directives on file at parishes and healthcare providers.
- Encourage parish ministries focused on care for sick and dying.
2021 East Texas Sanctity of Life Banquet
You are invited to join the Diocese of Tyler for the 6th Annual East Texas Sanctity of Life Banquet with featured speaker Ashley Bratcher. Bratcher is an actress who has starred in Christian films in the U.S.