Health InsuranceCatholic Employee Benefits
The Diocese of Tyler is pleased to be able to offer eligible employees quality, competitive health plan options through the Catholic Employee Benefit Group.
Having health insurance has many benefits. It protects you and your family from financial losses in the same way that home or car insurance does. Even if you are in good health, you never know when you might have an accident or get sick. With a good health insurance plan, you help protect the health and financial future of you and your family for a lifetime.
In the health care system, insurance protects us from the risk of substantial financial loss – expensive procedures and emergencies that we could not afford to pay out of pocket. Insurance offsets or covers a portion of the costs of health care, not all costs or every expense. Like with most health plans, our priests and employees are responsible for some out-of-pocket expenses for medical care. This is called cost sharing. The purpose of cost sharing is to keep premiums as low as possible and to prevent misuse of insurance benefits.
Links for Employees
- MyEnroll360 (For open enrollment, life events, and beneifts statements)
- Blue Access from BCBS (For medical claims, documents, medical ID card) – Available July 1, 2023.
- Medical: BlueCross BlueShield
- Prescriptions*: Prime Therapeutics
- Dental: Guardian
- Vision: VSP Vision Care
- Life/AD&D: Guardian
* For drug formularies, see the Large Group “Balacned Drug List” and “ACA Preventative Drug List”
Diocese of Tyler
- 2023-2024 Benefit Guide for Diocese of Tyler Employees
- 2023-2024 Plan and Employee Premiums Comparison
Summary of Benefits and Coverages
Health Insurance Basics
- Learn about health insurance costs like copays, deductibles, and coinsurance and see examples of how they apply.
- Our health plans through CEBG are a Participating Provider Organization (PPO).
- Our High Deductible Health Plan offers employees a Health Savings Account (HSA).
With health insurance and by making some good basic health choices, you can boost your own health and well-being. For more health information intended to keep you healthy, see our wellness guidelines: